Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy 2005!

I finished Noah's beanie! I only had a little bit of time each night, so it took me a couple nights. I think it came out really nice. I used Cascade 220 yarn in Color No. 4001 (a nice blue), and I used a simple 2x2 rib. I didn't have a pattern for a child-sized beanie so I kind of just made something up. I wanted to make it nice and warm so I held 2 ends of the ball together to make it thicker. I did a swatch to figure out the gauge, which was 3 stitches per inch on size 9 needles, and then I cast on 60 stitches (his head measured at 20" around). I knitted until the hat was about 6 inches and then I started decrease for the crown. It fit him perfect! I gave it to Lisa and she said Noah ended up wearing it the whole afternoon.

Last night we went out for dinner at one of our favorite Thai restaurants. We didn't feel like going anywhere else so we rented several DVDs and plopped ourselves in front of the TV. When the movies were done it was just about midnight. We flipped channels to watch how others were celebrating the change of the year. The Pointer Sisters were performing at the Embarcardero Center, and Earth Wind and Fire in Times Square. We also saw people at Disneyland. I was not at all envious--I just don't think it's comfortable being jammed in the middle of a huge crowd of people.

We did a little running around today. It's surprising that practically everything was open! Every year I've always remembered everything to be closed on New Year's Day. Made it hard if you were craving a nice cup of Starbucks!

For lunch we went out with Kurt's mom to the Fish Market. Evan had a crab cocktail without the sauce, Mom had a tuna sandwich, I had a crab sandwich on sourdough, and Kurt had trout. We used a gift certificate we had been saving, which ended up being enough to cover the whole bill. What a nice treat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home