Wednesday, January 19, 2005

knitting and basketball

I popped in a DVD right after lunch and worked on Kurt's second beanie. If you remember, I already made him one but it came out too big for him! That's what happens when you don't measure your swatch carefully, plus the yarn I used seemed to knit up too loosely. I did buy the mesh to try to make the beanie into a newsboy cap (remember?) but I decided to make him another one anyway. Tonight Evan had basketball practice again so I worked on the beanie some more while I waited in the sidelines. I can probably start the decrease for the crown tomorrow and finish it up!

Next week is my sister-in-law's birthday. She really likes pink, so I think I will make a variation of the bow-knot scarf for her, in pink chenille. I love how you can tuck in one end of the scarf through the other end. The pattern is mainly in garter stitch, but I made one already for a friend's daughter in 2x2 rib and it came out great.

Latest on the baby: 11 more days until my due date! I thought for sure he was going to come home a couple nights ago, but it ended up being a false alarm. I guess he's taking his time. I can't wait to see his sweet little face...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home